Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Sermons



Although I am not blogging this Advent, I am still preaching and writing and teaching and doing spiritual direction, so  I guess I will post my sermons. I had this idea back in September when I took a week for study leave that I would approach each Advent week's readings in monologue form from the point of view of someone not in them, so tomorrow is Mary trying to make sense of the passages from Jeremiah and Luke. Next week will be Elizabeth trying to make sense of her son, John the Baptist. I don't know anymore whether it was a good idea, but it's the one I have. So  . . .  sermon coming up.

Image:
Full of Grace
An Exhibition for Advent 2009

Here

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and will enjoy following along. Thanks for introducing me to advent.

    ReplyDelete