Sunday, February 19, 2012

Installation!

When a pastor is called to a Presbyterian Church, a service of installation is held and he or she is installed into the new position by the Presbytery, the regional governing body.

I was ordained as a Minister of Word and Sacrament (and, in our new parlance, a Teaching Elder) by my home presbytery in my home church back on October 30.  We had originally scheduled the installation service in my new church and new presbytery for the next Sunday, but the exigencies of breast cancer pushed that plan back until ~ this afternoon!

I think that I'll remember the dates: ordination on Reformation Sunday and installation on Transfiguration Sunday!

And I think the picture I'll post here is one of my family. We have been through hell together, and we miss our Josh, but we sure celebrated tonight.


And P.S., because it would be of interest to certain friends: It was not by design, but all of the clergy participating this afternoon were women!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Robin! This was a big day, and it was good to have your family join you in this photo of celebration. May God bless you, today and always. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, felicitations and God bless you - you, your family and your congregation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a wonderful ocassion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see this lovely photo of your wonderful family! I know it was a great occasion for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! May this be a blessing for all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Wonderful! Marvelous! I'm singing Handel's Messiah in my head here! :) Lots of choruses of Alleluia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so happy. I join my alleluias to those of all your friends, and now - those lucky enough to be your congregation.

    ReplyDelete