Monday, March 1, 2010

Beginning Anew

A good photograph is knowing
where to stand.

~ Ansel Adams

I found the this quote here, as I was looking around online while I pondered starting anew. Unfortunately, the blog on which I found it hasn't been active for a year. The photography is stunning.

I am beginning this blog in part out of a desire to see and express myself differently than I have in the past year-and-a-half. (There are other blogs, under a pseudonym.) I don't know what that means yet, and I am just beginning to figure out the new camera that is supposed to help me. (OK, so I haven't figured anything out yet beyond how to insert the battery. New technology always overwhelms me, and I have to contemplate it for awhile before I begin to experiment with it.)

I presume that Ansel Adams is talking about knowing where to stand in a physical, geographic sense although, given the power of his photography, he may be speaking metaphorically as well. For me, his words speak first as metaphor.

I'm not sure that I have any words at all for the place in which I stand now.

6 comments:

  1. Here's to new beginnings...learning where and HOW to stand. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title, and first post! Blessings on this new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this new beginning unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings on your new venture here ... and looking forward to whatever transpires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Robin.

    Catching up with you. Love the blog name. Even more the pictures of you and yours.

    Thank you for writing.

    ReplyDelete