Name five things that were unexpected in your life that you are now grateful for:
1. The opportunity to go to seminary in my 50s, and to complete the journey despite previously unimaginable obstacles ~
2. My retreat at Wernersville last month ~
3. The tremendous privilege of sharing the faith experiences of others as a spiritual director ~
4. My own spiritual directors, who have offered countless hours of presence, correspondence, support, encouragement, and hope through our nightmare of loss ~
5. My three beautiful children, who have been the best part of my life ~ no matter what.