Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wernersville Photos

 

I'm not happy with Blogger's new photo uploader (see post below), and it's been such a hassle that I've lost interest in trying to post anything in any kind of order.  So, a kind of mishmash:

Cloud formations on my first full day of retreat.  It occurred to me that they accurately illustrated what seemed to be happening: thunder and darkness on my part and the light of God trying to break through.

Statue of Ignatius the Pilgrim.  A very nice welcome, as I had spent some of my drive listening to a set of recordings on the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises just made by a Jesuit dear to me, and he makes extensive use of the pilgrimage metaphor.

View to the south.  The retreat center sits on 250-plus acres.

West cloister garden.  You can venture out on the roofs of the cloister walks, which is what I did most mornings with my cereal and juice and late most evenings with my hot chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I'm glad to hear your voice in this space again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks they are lovely. I post my photos on Live Journal because it works and I can't get anything else to. And then I link. I don't understand why things can be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete