Monday, March 12, 2012

Ignatian Prayer Adventure - Reflection 5

The Ignatian Prayer Adventure last week focused on sin.  

Like other folks, I don't think I'll be cataloging mine publicly.

But I'll say this much:

When I was making the Exercises six years ago, it became abundantly clear to me that one sin was at the root of all the rest. 

Something worth considering: 

One persistent wrong at the bottom of them all.

A couple of years ago, it became equally clear to me that I had been wrong, and that there was yet another sinful attitude forming the cracked foundation of what passes for my spiritual life.

Something else worth considering:  

Digging deeper unearths new (older?) soil.

The past few weeks have returned me to my usual conundrum:  the worse life gets, the greater the distance between God and me.

Something else worth considering:   

Do you suppose that there are ~ ahem ~ connections?

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Lifting you into the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and hoping you will pray for me, as well. I sense that I am the same...something underneath it all. But how to find it and deal with it? That, I do not know. I will say what I always think about you: strong, resiliant, wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. connecting dots could lead to finding our true selves, may be why we find other things to do to fill our days. peace and hope

    ReplyDelete