Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Online


 With a change of format, I'm hosting the RevGals' Wednesday Festival today, so amble on over and peruse some great links!

And, after much procrastination, many unexpected delays, and quite a bit of frustration on my part, my church has a new website.  I find Wordpress to be a good deal more cumbersome than Blogger, and with many fewer free options, but I think that in the long run it offers more for a professional or organizational site, so that's the way I went. For now,our site is pretty basic.  Perhaps my WP blogging friends will weigh in on the many options with which I have yet to experiment.

As for long run, we'll see.  I start training our secretary today; she's enthusiastic.  But most of my congregation spends little time online; for many, that time is zero.  And for some, access out here in rural Ohio is a problem.  All very frustrating for me.  One of the reasons I was optimistic about taking on a call a considerable distance from  my home is the ease of internet communication  -- but it turns out to be not so easy in this community.

Anyway, the site is up and needs some work; comments and suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I see that many of the website photos are s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d way out horizontally. Not sure when that happened, but I've discovered that WP glitches often disappear overnight. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete