Monday, June 14, 2010

Temporary Visa (Daily Photo 13)



A tiny gray cat has just moved in!

The Quiet Husband does NOT want another cat.  This has been a matter of some contention.

The Lovely Daughter and a friend have rented an apartment (a block away - yay!) for next year, which her friend will move into on July 1.  (The LD is off to North Carolina that day for her summer camp counseling job, and will move when she gets back.)  They were going to get a cat, but one materialized yesterday.  At a bar, to which someone brought three kittens who had been dumped at his house. 

So the Little Gray Cat is here for a couple of weeks.  S/he (gender undisclosed) is quite fierce and Tipper the Dog looks somewhat depressed.

Photos eventually.

12 comments:

  1. Adorable. I have sworn not to get another cat when current kitty goes but this one could change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree: adorable. It's going to be hard to give him/her up when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet kitty looks scared. I'll wager the fierce passes after heavy doses of love and petting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so not a cat person that I can't even begin to tell you. But (s)he is adorable and I'm sure she'll be a welcome addition in the new apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps LGC can soften Quiet Husband's hard line on the issue...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet kitty. How can she be resisted?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have brought back some fine memories, including a time in Utah when we visited a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh funny how Husbands can refuse to love little faces like these. Glad that LGC has found a port in the storm and will find a home where s/he is loved and welcomed.

    She is so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine the purrs....

    Two of my feline companions spent a year at my parent's when I was sabbatical leave a decade ago. They flew both ways, we drove :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. More than once my home has been a harbor for the pets of my children. Of course they are dogs (the pets, not the kids) and, not this small sweet looking kitty (who I know can be terribly fierce with those sharp claws)...

    ReplyDelete
  11. so, so cute! I LOVE kittens and cats of all ages and complections. Glad s/he has a good home.

    ReplyDelete