OK, I redecorated my blog and it looks all summery and nice and . . . where is everyone???? If I play the Friday Five, will you stop by? Songbird asks us to list five summer things we love and five we don't, so:
1. Chautauqua Institution. I have decided I am going to try to go over and hear BBT preach at least one day at the end of July. If any RevGals will be in the vicinity, let me know and we can plan accordingly!
2. The mountains of North Carolina, where I expect to be at the end of next week as I accompany The Lovely Daughter down to her camp counselor job. Like Chautauqua, they are home to wonderful and now heartbreakingly challenging memories, and like Chautauqua, they will soon be home to some precious ashes.
(That's my girl, lower left in the gray Gwynn Valley t-shirt, in a camp promotional photo.)
3. Lemonade; even the most ordinary glass brings back lovely memories of my grandmother welcoming us home and bringing tall glasses filled with ice and lemonade out to the brick patio under the maple tree.
4. Very early morning walks; early sunshine and quiet times at the Little Lakes.
5. Feet: flip-flops and Tevas and sparkles on top of dark red nail polish.
I don't not love anything about summer except the humidity. We don't have AC and I am already tired of requiring a fan, a glass of ice, and a cold washcloth to achieve even a restless sleep.
So, put on your flip-flops and stop by for some lemonade in the sweltering shade!