Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lent, Almost (2) : Life's Patchwork


Yesterday's link, with its reflection on how we are formed into people on a spirit-led journey, has had me thinking about the mysterious ways in which God works. 

My early life and experiences were quite different from those of Elizabeth Nordquist.  No one on my family of origin has ever indicated much of an interest in matters of faith.  And yet, here I am.  

Many, if not most, of my closest family members and friends today, are not much impressed by the claims of faith, despite having, all of them, grown up in churches and participated in Sunday Schools and holiday programs and choirs.

I am confident that God is at work at all times and in all places and among all people.

But God's methodology  is baffling.  Intriguing, too.






Image: Janet Wickell Design, here

2 comments:

  1. I have never totally understood the verse that says, "Many are called, but few are chosen", but your reflection here may qualify as a good example of the meaning of that verse. It's as if the door is open wide to everyone, but only a few will walk inside. And fewer still will stay inside. But a few are drawn in, and walk in deeper and deeper... and they are the ones that hear the music. Like you. And me.

    ReplyDelete