Friday, March 11, 2011

New Venture: Books!

In the past few weeks, I've received requests from two publishers to review new books of theirs in my blog.  And I have the books!

My friend Quotidian Grace has graciously offered me some excellent advice on how to approach this new venture; hence the disclosure statement that now appears in one of the tabs along the top. (Yay for RevGals community and connection!)

Yesterday's Pray As You Go focuses on John the Baptist's activities and challenging words at the River Jordan as he anticipates the ministry of Jesus.  The meditation describes John the Baptist as re-enacting the arrival of the people of Israel in the Promised Land: This is it.  Heaven is about to take charge on earth.  This is what we've been waiting for.  Are you ready?

It has occurred to me, as I've thought about those words over the past 24 hours, that, in my own small arena of life, as in all of ours, this is it.  This is the life God offers us. In a big way, my life is not remotely what I want, or what I want to believe God had in store for me. But in many small ways, I see that I need to pay attention: This is, in fact, it.  And this new opportunity is a new facet of my new life.  So . . . bring the books on!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, bring the books on!! Looking forward to your new venture and having you as a fellow book blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Robin. I am glad for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! You have interesting perceptions and a way with words, so I am confident your reviews will be good guides for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just starting to catch up here...and loving your quotes from "Pray As You Go." Thank you.

    ReplyDelete