Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lent, Almost



My favorite season of the liturgical year, almost here.

For the past two years it was my favorite because it felt as heavy as my own heart did.

This year, I think ~ think, imagine, wonder, hope ~ that I might be able to engage it, some of the time, anyway, or perhaps, as it's meant to be engaged, as a time of preparation for the most impossibly wonderful day of all.  

I have some new books.  I'm going to dig out some of my old ones.  I have a stack of links. 

I think I'm going to be writing a series of short posts, some of them little more than quotes with maybe a couple of observations, for the next eight weeks.

Do you like quilts?  Elizabeth Nordquist writes, "In a few days the season of Lent will begin, a process of preparing for the holy week leading to Easter. It is a process of reflecting on one’s own life, particularly looking at the things that one needs to let go of or get rid of or unload, to clear the way for the new resurrection life that the the Risen Christ brings."  You can read the rest here.








Image here.

1 comment:

  1. Not having ever been an observer of Lent, I know nothing about it. I look forward to your posts. There is much to ponder about my life, but Oh! where to begin?! Perhaps your writings will help.

    ReplyDelete