Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why I Don't Have a Call

I used to teach English and Social Studies in an Orthodox Jewish day school.  A few days ago I ran into my former department chair at Borders.  
 
I just received an email from her, telling me that:

"In reading my religion portfolios for AP this morning, it occurred to me that you might not have learned in seminary that the Second Great Awakening brought religious beliefs to the frontier areas through 'evangelism, revival preaching, and circus riding.' " 

Oh!  I skipped that circus riding course!

 Charles Marion Russell Drawing

5 comments:

  1. Ooops...now you've got to get rid of some of that "stuff" yu were talking about so you can make room for the horse in your garage. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, that's it...you need sequins and a tall hat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circus riding! So *that's* what Wesley was doing standing on the saddle whilst juggling four King James Bibles and a Book of Common Prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that explains it...and so much more. =)

    ReplyDelete