Monday, May 2, 2011

On bin Laden

Like everyone else, I suppose, I had other things in mind for today until the internet started buzzing late last night.

And everyone else has said it all better than I ever could.  I went to the PC(USA) website but couldn't find anything at all, so I'm going with the Vatican:

Osama bin Laden, as we all know, bore the most serious responsibility for spreading divisions and hatred among populations, causing the deaths of innumerable people, and manipulating religions for this purpose. 

In the face of a man’s death, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibilities of each person before God and before [people], and hopes and works so that every event may be the occasion for the further growth of peace and not of hatred.

3 comments:

  1. Good words. Thank you and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. Trying not to rejoice in his death, but feeling pretty darn happy that he's gone. It's personal for us.

    ReplyDelete