Thursday, October 28, 2010

Congrats to the Quiet Husband! (It's Still Not All About Me!)

A couple of days ago I received a phone call from one of my husband's work colleagues, inviting me to a celebratory lunch.  My husband and two of his co-workers (bank website designers) were being honored for having obtained a patent for the company for their program for negotiating CD renewals online.  (The work was completed six or seven years ago ~ the U.S. Patent office moves slowly.)

The nice parts for me ~ meeting the folks who are a big part of my husband's life but whom I don't know at all, and hearing them praise his brilliance and modesty.  I said to our table, "That's how you know, isn't it?  I've encountered two people in my current line of work whom I consider to have spectacular, superstar intellects, but you would never hear that from either of them."

Oh, and one other nice part ~ one of the women has a sister whose business is matching people to vacation rentals in Mexico.  Here we go . . . ?

I suppose it would be better if we had a CD to renew so that we could pay for the beach house which no doubt is beckoning to us for New Year's!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the Quiet Husband and his team! It's wonderful when those "gems" are recognized and rewarded. Thank you for telling us about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, indeed! I'd like to find a beach house for that time of the year, too. Not in the cards here, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's impressive. It's not often that you meet a real live genius. Congratulations to your husband. How nice for you all to see him honored in this way.
    Adios and hasta la vista en Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Congrats. I do hope you can enjoy a beach house for New Years....(definitely NOT in my cards...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell the man I said hello and congrats

    ReplyDelete