Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Let Nothing Disturb You . . . God is Unchanging

Don't you think it's kind of intriguing that after I posted here a few days ago about St. Teresa's prayer and my own reluctance to affirm that God is unchanging, the following should be today's music on Pray As You Go?


The singing/lyrics begin at about 1:20.

I was out for an early morning walk in the midst of the changing colors of fall as I listened to PAYG this morning.  And no, I don't make the mistake of believing that the God who is in all thing is all things.  But the paradox of an ever-changing universe ~ - nature, human, and everything else ~ and the possibility of an unchanging God did not escape my prayer.

At any rate, regardless of your orthodoxy or lack thereof, prayer or lack thereof, faith or other structure for life: it's a beautiful prayer and a beautiful piece of music.  Give it the full 6:23.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the title and heard the music before I even clicked through. It is beautiful as both prayer and music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful music. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is indeed a beautiful prayer and music. I am very fond of Margaret Rizza's music and appreciate this piece a great deal.

    ReplyDelete